Browse By

Syrian refugees coming to Walnut Creek

Home Forums Local Issues Syrian refugees coming to Walnut Creek

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  shericccc 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Author

jellis
    Participant

Read this article concerning resettling refugees here in Walnut Creek

click here for JFCS East Bay page

ken
    Keymaster

Looks like Ben Carson spent Thanksgiving in Jordan. He has some ideas on how to deal with the Syrian refugees. He says “best place to aid refugees is in ‘really quite nice’ camps in Jordan” I agree and support the USA in providing aid to Jordan to help them with the financial burden.

carolhehmeyer
      Participant

Refujihad by John Littig in the November 25, 2015 Rossmoor News is an excellent commentary on this issue.

Mr. Littig points out that the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) has pointed out that for 2015, 65 % of the Syrian refugees are men !

Only 20 % are children, and 14% women.

Photos show that most of the men are young.

This is the type of group that will descend upon Walnut Creek when 200 Syrian refugees (certainly including ISIS terrorists) descent upon the city later this year.

Carol Hehmeyer

shericccc
    Participant

Can we ask Peter to reply to this forum? I think we have questions and not everyone can come. I would like his opinion on which candidate he thinks would win the debate on National Security.

Ilana
    Participant

In case you missed this article in contra costa times.
    “The Syrian refugee resettlement and the veil of silence” By Abraham Miller, guest commentary
    http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_29233230/guest-commentary-syrian-refugee-resettlement-and-veil-silence
    I liked this article and I hope Abraham Miller will write the flow up soon.

shericccc
    Participant

“In case you missed this article in contra costa times.
    “The Syrian refugee resettlement and the veil of silence” By Abraham Miller, guest commentary
    http://www.contracostatimes.com/ci_29233230/guest-commentary-syrian-refugee-resettlement-and-veil-silence
    I liked this article and I hope Abraham Miller will write the flow up soon.”

That was a great article

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  shericccc.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  shericccc.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One thought on “Syrian refugees coming to Walnut Creek”

1. Pingback: Syrian Refugees in Walnut Creek | Contra Costa County Conservative Coalition
  2. Trackback: Syrian Refugees in Walnut Creek | Contra Costa County Conservative Coalition

Comments are closed.